Project update 3, change of course

Hi, this update is to let you know that I have moved to another project guetzli           
on a basic level it is a image compressor. The reason I am switching progress is due to time constraints and the previous project having a build system I did not have the time to sit down and read everything necessary to know how to build, modify and test in a meaningful way.

With the new project it only took me a few hours to set up build install and attempt to tweak the source and even do some  bench marking on two platforms.



I plan to take a different approach then the other project I want to either implement and algorithm change if possible, or alternatively I am open to investigating compiler changes or even the possibility of inline assembler as an unlikely but not off the table option.

The code appears to be well written from the portions I have read so I think I have to take as many angles as possible to have a shot at improving it,

Now I have already identified the hot locations of the program I have already attempted some changes and I already have benchmarks for the program. But that will have to wait until my next post hopefully tomorrow. At the time of writing this only had time to document my current progress on the project.

My next post will contain bench marking data functions of interests and what has been tried and what is planned in detail.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

project update 4 - testing

My expeeriance so far.